The best way to determine the condition of your rain gutters is to have a gutter professional inspect your entire gutter system. Give Southern Gutter Service a call and we’ll provide you with a quote for any needed repairs, new gutters or just a gutter cover system to make your gutters more maintenance free.
Warning signs that you may need to replace your gutters:
Here are some easy warning signs that might suggest you have a gutter problem, you should be able to spot these warning signs safely from the ground without going onto a ladder.
- Spike and ferrule fasteners: This old system of nails or “spikes” going through the gutter and into the fascia board has been phased out. If your gutters have these fasteners, chances are they are drawing water into your fascia board and may be causing water damage.
- Sagging gutters or gutters that are pulling away from your house. The weight of debris or standing water can cause gutters to pull away from the fascia boards. Once this process starts it needs to be repaired as the added weight will continue to gather at the lowest point and pull the gutter away from the home.
- Damp basements, foundation cracks or pooling water against your home indicate that the gutters are not carrying water away or that water may be leaking from the gutter system
- Mold, peeling paint or obvious rot around your siding or fascia. This is a clear indicator that water is escaping the gutter system and causing damage to your home.
- Overflowing gutters and obvious leaks are a sign of blocked gutters or failing miter joints.